Our Young Life camp trip this year is hard to capture in just one story. I asked our students to write letters to the people who helped send them to camp, and several themes came up again and again:
- "Camp felt like a dream."
- "I could feel God's love."
- "This was the best week of my life."
- "The speaker explained God's love and the reality of sin in a way I finally understood."
- "I'm so thankful for the leaders, camp staff, and donors who made this possible."
Our adventure took plenty of unexpected turns. We flew to Portland, spent time at the Oregon coast, and then arrived at camp. Two days later, wildfires forced an evacuation in the middle of the night. Instead of ending our trip, we adapted—staying at a middle school, enjoying a drive-in movie, spending a day at Wild Waves, exploring Portland, and making memories together before heading home.
Through every change of plans, God remained faithful. We grew closer as a group, laughed together, and watched students take meaningful steps in their faith. Many shared that they came away with a deeper understanding of God's love for them and for others.
One student's words capture the impact better than I can:
"During this trip, I realized how much my anxiety makes me lose sight of God and how I should give all of it to him and seek him when I'm scared. All of the activities were amazing at camp, and I loved the excitement of evacuating because it felt like the apocalypse. To whoever donated money for this very pivotal moment in my life and the others, I can't thank you enough. I'd want to tell you everything in person and tell you how much your kindness means to me. Thank you!"
Thank you for investing in these students. Even though our plans changed, God's plans did not. Your generosity helped create an unforgettable week that will continue to bear fruit for years to come.



No comments:
Post a Comment